A simple and easy bake to feed the whole family
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
3 x 213g can pink salmon
1 tbsp chopped tarragon leaves
2 x 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
4 slices brioche bread, blitzed into chunky breadcrumbs
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Heat a large sauté pan until medium hot, add the olive oil and onion and sweat for 5 minutes until just softened then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon into a bowl and crush lightly with the back of a fork until well mixed then add the chopped tarragon, sea salt and black pepper.
- Layer a third of the tomato sauce into a medium ovenproof dish then top with half the butter beans, half the salmon, then repeat with another third of tomato sauce, then remaining beans, salmon and last of the tomato sauce.
- Top with the brioche breadcrumbs and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.
Recipe by Canned Food UK