Cooking time: 50 – 60 minutes
- 300g Christmas stolen
- 200ml single cream
- 150ml milk
- 50g Amaretti biscuits
- 1 lemon
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the stollen into roughly 2cm chunks and place into a baking dish.
- Combine 150ml single cream, 150ml milk and one egg, and whisk well. Then pour over the stollen chunks.
- Crumble the amaretti and scatter over the stollen mixture. Bake in the oven for 45mins until golden brown.
- In the meanwhile, wash the lemon and dry it well. Zest using a fine grater.
- Whip the rest of the single cream to stiff peaks using a whisk or an electric mixer.
- To your preference, add lemon zest and some icing sugar.
- As soon as the pudding is ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
Then dust with the remaining icing sugar and serve with the lemon cream.
From chef Vera at Marley Spoon: www.marleyspoon.co.uk