A tasty and spicy twist on a traditional strudel.
Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 30mins
1 x 410g apricot halves in light syrup
270g filo pastry sheets
75g/3oz melted butter
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 heaped tbsp icing sugar
vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Drain the syrup from the peaches and reserve, then roughly chop the apricots and set aside.
- Lay 3-4 sheets of filo pastry onto a work surface to form a rectangle about 30cm x 20cm.
- Mix the melted butter and cinnamon together then brush each sheet with butter.
- Layer up the filo, buttering as you go, until all the filo is used.
- Scatter the chopped apricots all over the filo, leaving a 2cm gap around all the edges.
- Fold the longest edges over the apricot and then starting at the shortest edge, roll up into a swiss roll.
- Place onto a baking tray and dust with the icing sugar.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve either hot or warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and the reserved apricot syrup drizzled over.
Recipe provided Canned Foods UK